The Wall Street Journal is reporting that GM is in talks to expand its Chinese operations, fresh on the heels of the multi-billion dollar bailout by the U.S. government.
General Motors Corp., which is lobbying for a bailout from the U.S. government, is in talks to increase its stake in a Chinese joint venture that makes small, inexpensive cars and vans, people familiar with the situation said.
(Full article here – subscription required)
I sincerely doubt that this is what the U.S. politicians had in mind when they lobbied for the first bailout.
Now, to be fair, GM is a multi-national private corporation. So, however GM decides to spend its money to stay afloat is completely up to them (and their various agreements with other companies and unions). But, now that they are expecting the U.S. taxpayers to foot the bill for their business ventures, it seems awfully arrogant of them to take away more jobs from an already faltering U.S. economy.
Thank you, Washington. You’ve truly shown your brilliant economic knowledge is far superior to the outraged citizens who were overwhelmingly against all of these bailouts.
- H&R Block Coupon Code 2013 – Save Money On Tax Prep
- Equifax Canada Promotion Code 2013, Coupons, Savings
- Glenn Beck Indoctrinates Donald Duck
- Happy Easter from the Bailout Bunny
- Companies Receiving Bailout Using Offshore Tax Shelters
- Just So You’ll Know….
- Some Other Bailouts That Should Have Been…
- Death of a tax(bailout)?… wait, that’s not how the saying goes…
- Obama hopeful auto bailout deal possible this week
- Thanksgiving in Washington – What a Tasty Looking Turkey…
- Wiping Your Hard Drive Clean - Great Identity Theft Protection
- Using A Shredder To Protect Your Identity
- Identity Theft Of Deceased Persons - An Awful Crime
- Single-use Credit Card Numbers Should Be Used More Often
- Things To Look For In Identity Fraud Protection Services
- What To Do When You Lose Your Wallet
- How To Avoid Identity Theft In Your Business
- What to Do If You Lose Your Social Security Card
- History Of Equifax - Company Owns Your Secrets
- How To Prevent Identity Theft From Happening
- How a High Protein, High Fiber, Low Carb Diet Can Work
- Using a Treadmill Desk For 6 Months
- A Treadmill Desk Walk Through Terre Haute, Indiana
- Virtual Walk Past Farmersburg, Indiana – Treadmill Day 38
- 31 Days Using a Treadmill Desk – Status Report
- How To Start A Weight Loss Program (No Treadmill Needed)
- The Treadmill Desk Revolution Is Spreading – Day 24
- My Vacation (From Treadmill Desk Blogging)
- Using a Treadmill Desk – Day 18
- Treadmill Desk Workstation, Loving It – Day 14